MTG Wishlist Chrome Extension comes with several improvements to make your life easier. The first and most important is the collaboration with Blackborder to take live prices of your wished cards. The other is the possibility to import/export your wishlist.
The layout has been lightly changed to include new columns, increasing a little the popup width.
Take a few minutes to read the details of these new features described below:
- The Blackborder price column contains the actual price of the card in US Dollars. Card prices are refreshed when Chrome starts, clicking the MTG Wishlist popup after 12 hours since last refresh or pressing the refresh button. The 12 hours wait time has been introduced to avoid some kind of delay if you have a lot of cards stored, so maybe you feel some delay once every 12 hours, so don't scare.
The Blackborder price depends on the expansion set selected. Try to see the different prices of the same card in different expansion sets, like an Alpha (LEA) Black Lotus and an Unlimited (2ED) one. To see the differences, save the card with the changed expansion set and click the refresh button (or wait 12 hours). If your card doesn't have an expansion set associated or the expansion set is wrong, the cheapest price will be displayed. If the card doesn't exist (to use this feature, card names must be in english), N/A will be displayed.
You can check cards directly in the Blackborder website by clicking the card price field.
- Import/Export feature. To allow you to backup your lists and share it with others, a group of buttons have been inserted into the options menu. Note that generated files are named in some way like this "317417c0-dfa4-46bf-b449-5bfb1d6f4253". At the moment it seems that it's the only way to generate serverless downloads. Generated files are normal text files that can be opened with any text reader, so it's recommended to manually rename them (for example mywishlist.txt).
The Export data button generates a file with your saved card data. This file is only as a backup or migration and shouldn't be opened or modified. This is the only file type to use in the import function.
To Import data generated by the Export data button, you only need to click the "choose file" (see image) button and browse the file. A dialog window will ask you if you want to import the file. Cards will be merged with your already saved cards, so you wouldn't lose any data. If you don't want to merge cards, you can clear data before the import action. A confirmation popup will appear when the import is done. Think that if you import a big number of cards, loading time can be high.
The Save data into file button generates a readable list of your cards with all the fields like shown below. It's useful to print your wishlist or share it with people that don't have MTG Wishlist. Remember to rename the file downloaded to fileName.txt .
Name Edition Value Qty Rarity BBPrice (Stock) ------------------------------------------------------------ mox diamond Stronghold 30 3 R 34.99(0) mox jet Alpha 1 R 1249.99(0) scrubland Unlimited 1 R 79.99(0) mental misstep New Phyrexia 3 U 5.49(57)
Export to MWS button generates a file that can be imported by Magic Workstation, rename it to fileName.mwDeck (replacing fileName) and use it.
// Deck file for Magic Workstation (http://www.magicworkstation.com) generated by MTG Wishlist (http://goo.gl/EEbZh). // http://themunsonsapps.blogspot.com // // rename this file to .mwDeck to use it with Magic Workstation 3 [V10] mox diamond 1 [A] mox jet 1 [U] scrubland 3 [NPH] mental misstep
- Expansion set field has been added to allow you to select the differentiate card prices and make it exportable to MWS format.
In the insert card form you will find right to the quantity field a list of all available editions full names sorted by edition date starting by the newest. At the end are included special sets like Chronicles, From the vaults or Duel decks. You can leave this field in blank choosing the first option, but it's discouraged.
In the card list, the expansion set is displayed using the official set codes (check the full list of set codes here) in the same order of the full list mentioned before.
- The refresh button in the main page of the application at the moment only updates the Blackborder price of all stored cards. Since it depends on the connection and number of cards stored, it's possible to see some delay, be patient.
- Clear button has been moved from the application to the options menu.
- Help messages have been included when mouse pass over some button or links.
|New view of MTG Wishlist|