With this scope, I've researched in the webmaster's world and I've found some tips to get a more comfortable website for everyone. I've also found a general interest on the web about Search Engine Optimization (SEO) techs. You should know that if your webpage is in the results of the search engines (such as google, yahoo or bing) queries, it will have more opportunities to get visitors. I describe below the methods and tools used at the moment here:
- The best way to introduce your website to everyone is to use the social networks. If you insert a link to your webpage into facebook or twitter, your website will be target of a larger amount of queries. You can also insert the link in the firm of your blog comments, forum posts or emails, but be careful, don't be spammer!
- Edit CSS. A great design is a great key to keep users. The CSS of the blog are now under construction, but you can see some android style details (remember, the droid is under license), they are hiddenly saying that this blog is about android without any word.
- I've registered the blog into Weblogs, a blog directory that shows feeds realtime. This is very useful to link you and to be target of related searches. Although every SEO has an own way to calculate the crawl your page, they often looks at the webpages that link you.
- The SEOs will find you if your rank is high (ok, I know, it's obvious, but keep it in mind). This is the really tough task to do. In the Pagerank site you'll find tips to get a better pagerank.
- There are some websites dedicated to get links, visitors and advertise you. I've used the spanish site tutop, that ranks the best registered websites.
- Bit.ly is an interesting website, it has analytics features, QR Code, short linking and URL customize if you register. You can enter your website URL and get a shorter link, like this: http://bit.ly/dOpjGU. This link gets you into the bit page, get stats and redirects you to the wanted website. You can see the Bit stats by adding a "+" to the short URL, like this: http://bit.ly/dOpjGU+ or see the QR Code by adding .qrcode to the URL, just like this: http://bit.ly/dOpjGU.qrcode.
- Google feedburner allows you to analyze, optimize and manage your feeds. Feedburner also interacts perfectly with blogger. It also gives you an feeds buttons like RSS, google and more.
- Alexa is a website that gives you traffic metrics, search analytics, demographics, and more for websites. You should register your website to be tracked (and of course, get linked).
- Technorati is another big web directory that saves blogs by categories and ranks them. You should absolutely register here.
- I think that Google analytics needs no presentation, it's a very useful site to keep track of your visits, keywords, geographic zones. Here you can find some tips to add google analytics to your blogger page.
- To allow your visitors to bookmark and share your site in an easy and fast way, exists add this. You maybe think that there is no reason to add you, but it's useful. You can give customized buttons to share and bookmarks, such as facebook, buzz, email, twitter and more.
Continue reading »